- CAMPFIRES - Nora was especially wanting us to all tell "spooky stories" around the campfire. I am not sure how spooky they were but it was lots of fun. The girls especially enjoyed Tom's retelling of The Hobbit and I am sure he will be pulling out the book soon for bedtime reading.
- VOLCANOE VIEWS - We really lucked out in getting a crystal clear day for a perfect view of Mt St Helens. It can't get much better than that.
- FAMILY FUN - Camping is always such a special treat and only seems to get better (and easier) as the girls get older. Tom and Madison had frisbee fun hitting a record 10 back and forths with no drops! The campsite we stayed at had some good play areas and small hiking trails to go exploring. Overall it was a fabulous trip and we can't wait to head out on our next camping excursion!!
- Quote from Madison - "The worst part of camping is going home!"
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
And water fun like this
We also have some fun camping trips planned,
We hope that all of you have lots of fun adventures planned for the summer. Now we just need the sun to return and we will be set!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
I am thinking the photo-ops using this barn would be worth the visit on its own!!!!
Summer Concert Highlight
Recess Monkey We love, love, love RM and have seen them twice before. They are a Seattle based kids band, made up of 3 elementary school teachers. The kids love the music, but it is a sound that the parents can enjoy and appreciate too. Click on their link to listen to some of their songs. There are many, many local performances they are doing this summer but the two closest to us are:
Maple Valley Library - June 22, 3:30
Kent Town Square - July 29 Noon
Mark your calendars and check them out! I am hoping to pick up a few of their cd's for our summer road trips.
****2 more school days until summer vacation officially starts. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!****
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
- Kent Farmer's Market Saturdays 9-2
- Maple Valley Farmer's Market Saturdays
- Issaquah Farmer's Market Saturday 9-2
Other Farm Fun Plans
(click on their logos to link to their websites)
Remlinger Farm has all ready got crossed off the list, though I am sure the girls wouldn't complain if we fit in a second trip this year! Definitely a must-do for any families in the area with 3-6 year olds! If you haven't gone, put it on your list!
South 47 Farm has been on my list for a number of years. A bit out of the way but it supposedly has great produce and they have kid classes available ($7 per child) with hay rides and more!
And then I will use the site at PugetSoundFresh to find other local farms, farmers markets and places to purchase as much local produce as I can. Love the freshness, the girls get a better idea of where there food is coming from, much better for the envirnoment and always a fun outing!!!! I have been debating joining a CSA for a few years now but always hold off. I would love to hear if someone knows of a good one in the area.
Hope you enjoyed the first installment of our family summer bucket list. It will be nice for me to have the links contained in one spot when I need to refer back to things and I hope that maybe it will give some of the local readers new ideas for things to do with the family this summer. I also hope that people will share more ideas of things that I may not know about to fill our bucket list up! Know of some great farms or farmer's markets we should attend? Please leave a comment for me and I will add it to the list!! AND my first attempt at tagging my posts for future reference. I will work on getting a link on the side-bar that will take you to all the bucket list posts.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
It is hard to believe that Madison will be turning SEVEN tomorrow. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed by and I just want to scream for it to SLOW DOWN but it seems to only be speeding up as they get older, more independent and wiser.