Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a wonderful weekend I have had! So good I thought I would write a post all about it! It started out on Friday, when we were hosting Tom's old work group for dinner. I spent almost the entire day in the kitchen and loved every minute of that.
While doing that, my amazingly, fantastic and superb husband did what he does best (or at least, alot better than me!), CLEAN! So a double win for me, I get a fantastically clean house and I got to cook all day. I spent alot of my time on this:
A tiramasu cake. I have to say, it turned out quite well (though it doesn't look as fancy as it tasted!) and I will be saving that recipe for future use! Just listen to some of the ingredients: espresso syrup, kahlua, whipping cream, marscapone cheese...... How could it be bad? The only problem with it is that it served 14 people PERFECTLY with no left-overs. BUMMER! I don't think I can justify the time and effort just for me to eat on my own! The dinner was lots of fun and a big success. And best of all, the house was still clean when the company left! Well, except for the many dirty dishes that needed dealing with.
Then Saturday was so great! A friend came over to scrap all day while the dads took the kids to the Pacific Science Center and then back to their house for dinner. Tom brought the girls home to throw them into bed while we scrapped for 12 hours straight! I haven't had much time to focus on my scrapping lately and this helped me to get my scrapcave cleaned out and organized and now I feel ready to get back on track. I will post layout pictures later this week. Oh, and I may get to scrap again next weekend with more friends! Did I mention how amazing and fabulous my husband is?????

Sunday was a gorgeous fall day so the girls and I gave daddy a break and took the dog on a nice walk on Soos Creek Trail. The girls had a great time picking the last dandelions of the year, playing Pooh-Sticks on the bridge, finding bunnies at the playground and this highlight:

What an amazing weekend and so much to be thankful for! I am one lucky lady!

1 comment:

katy said...

omg, i'm totally jealous. Sounds soo very wonderful. The picture of the girls with the horse is really good. Happy to hear about your weekend. Yay for you!!