Monday, February 23, 2009

Penguins in the Fridge

LOVE this book by Nicola Moon. It was given to me as a gift from one of my very favorite students. So everytime I read it to the girls I think of sweet, free-spirited Ella. What a doll:-) The book is an adorable story of a boy who wants a pet but his Mum says no so he makes penguins to live in the fridge.

AND I LOVE that my girls decided to make their own penguins for the freezer without any prompting or help from their own "mum"! They went into our creation box to dig out all those paper towel tubes that I insist on saving when Tom wants to throw them out (along with the egg cartons, water bottles, boxes......) And made these fabulous creations.

Each penguin was named and given a special spot in the freezer. Nora loves to go out and check on how they are doing. They get allowed inside for playtime but when they get too warm, back in the freezer they go!

2 comments:

Heather said...

So cute!! Your girls are so creative!!

Monkey's Mama said...

What a great idea! I love it - I must start a creation box - currently I just have piles of stuff in the laundry room that I can never find when I need it!