Monday, June 23, 2008

Outside Funtime

First day of summer vacation today and the girls were quite content to waste the day away inside being lazy. Finally, I had to force them out the door for some fresh air. They whined and complained the whole way out the door but the minute they were out they were happy and content. They created their own special game that I thought deserved a blog post.

Leaf Sinking

First you find some nice sized flat leaves that float well and make a prediction on how many rocks it will take to sink the leaves.

Then start putting rocks onto the leaf. The girls had fun experimenting with different sizes of leaves to find out how that effects the results.

Watch the leaf sink!!!!

It is now 2 hours after I have forced the girls outside and we are still out in the sun. They went for a long bike ride, played with water, were beavers building dams in the mud and now are tracking down a frog attempting to catch it!! So I sit out in the front yard blogging in the sunshine! Have I mentioned how much I love my laptop????

2 comments:

katy said...

great post Lisa! gotta get a lap top.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun...when I read it I thought of the game of "pooh sticks" from Winnie the Pooh! I found you from bbc bhb...enjoy your day!