Sunday, September 14, 2008

First Days of School

Okay, I am so far behind on my blogging, it isn't even funny. But by waiting 2 weeks I am able to show Madison and Nora's first days of school!!
Here is Madison on her first day. It was my first day of work, so Tom got the official duties of getting her ready and putting her on the bus (and then driving behind the bus to the school!). I was so excited to see her walk out of the classroom at the end of the day and to come home to take a peek at the photos! She seems to be having a good time at school, though she has had a few weepy moments in the morning. I think the adjustment to full day school will take awhile and it is hard for her to know that mom and Nora are at home all day while she is at school.
Nora's first day photo is a bit harder to show. Her preschool has a VERY gradual start to the year. So I am not sure if her first day would technically be the playdate 3 weeks ago, the teacher visit 2 weeks ago, the one-hour "practice class" last week or next week whe we officially start our "normal" schedule of 2 days a week for 2 hours each day!! So here are some pictures I have taken from a few of the past few weeks on her preschool days. She is enjoying it and excited to get going.
And, yes, I had my first day too! I am teaching some classes at The Little Gym. Overall, I am enjoying it and the 8 hours a week seem about perfect. Enough to get out of the house and do some work, but not enough to make me feel disconnected from home. There is a bit of juggling and scheduling issues to take care of but nothing too bad.

1 comment:

katy said...

Our kids are getting tooo big, I just can't take it! Your pics are great!

Did you know there is a Little Gym in Luxembourg? Yup, and it has Audrey's name written all over it. Don't think we're going to do a preschool for her . . . she can go to Eva's school when she is potty trained . . . ha!