Monday, September 8, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday

Yeah, I am still here! Life has just gotten CRAZY BUSY with Madison starting school, me starting my job, along with coaching Madison's soccer team, co-op preschool meetings........ I have so many entries I want to create, it is just a matter of finding some time to do it!
So Katy over at SycamoreStirrings gave a challenge for this week's Muffin Tin Monday. It was "Children's Literature" how fun is that??? I had all sorts of thoughts running through my head but finally settled on Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh. Nora's muffin tin transformed into a paint pallette with yogurts that we tinted with the 3 primary colors. She then got to mix the yogurts to create the secondary colors and then had a great time dipping strawberries and graham crackers into the creations!
And, if you didn't all ready know, Katy is starting an exciting adventure with her family! They are moving to Luxembourg!!! I am so excited to read all of her posts on all the great things she will be doing. She all ready has posts up from her visit a few weeks ago. Maybe, if I am really lucky, we can even go visit her and get some free room and board!!! So, good luck Katy! I am sure the next few months are going to be hectic and crazy but this is such a wonderful opportunity that will create so many life-long memories for you and your girls!!!

5 comments:

katy said...

oh you! I still remember when we did this book for our color unit - with jumbo marshmallows as the mice, jumping in primary colored paints. Super idea, you never fail to amaze me. hope we can connect soon
p.s. guess you're going for it with the job?!!

Jessica said...

Ellen Stoll Walsh lives near by me, in fact down the street from my cousins. She's a neat lady with an awesome studio. Your muffin tin is great! I'm glad I found your blog!

This Girl loves to Talk said...

Love this.. I have never heard of this book, but that looks like one fun muffin tin monday.. I might have to do something similar with my girls good exercise in colour mixing!

Anonymous said...

This has got to be the cutest Muffin Tin Monday yet! Love it!

::Sylvia:: said...

Hi there! I think you did a great job on this! I'm doing an article over at Blissfully Domestic on Muffin Tin lunches and was wondering if you'd mind if I featured yours! Please let me know asap! thanks so much!