Sunday, March 2, 2008

Where it all happens



This is my "Craft Cave". I was getting ready to get it all cleaned and organized to take some photos but then realized that wasn't very realistic. So here it is in all its glory. These photos may not be for the faint of heart or the organizational freaks out there in cyber land. Please don't judge me for what you have witnessed here. I promise there is a system and it does get cleaned and organized but I tend to get carried away with multiple projects at the same time. The lovely thing about this room is that it is tucked away in a corner of the house where nobody needs to enter, but me. I can close the door on my disaster and be at peace with it. I was very fortunate to stumble on this space in our house-hunt 18 months ago. This room was used as a dark-room with the black counter going all the way across the long wall. We added the Ikea closet system and a craft room was born.


My husband was out of town this weekend so I have been spending lots of late nights in the room. I was making some paper doll kits and craft kits for my friend's niece so she can put together her own Big Sister Busy Box. I am also trying to organize photos for my upcoming scrapbook retreat (only 13 days and counting!). I am stenciling a lampshade for my older daughter. Oh, and her science fair poster is taking up some space too.

So there it is. If you visit my blog again I am sure there will be more photos of the room. I will get some pictures of it when it is looking a bit more presentable and also some close-up of some of the tools and spaces for all my projects.

No comments: